A Walk Through Your Wellness Exam
Once you’ve turned in your health history form, here’s what to expect as we walk walk through your Wellness Exam:
1) A nurse will check your weight, height, and blood pressure, draw blood, and ask you to provide a urine sample for analysis.
2) You will receive an EKG screening test as a preventive measure. The EKG assesses heart rhythm and provides some preliminary information on the health of your heart.
3) You will receive a chest X-ray as a preventive measure. This is performed by a certified X-ray technician on our staff and is considered very low radiation.
4) Your physician will ask important questions as part of a “review of systems.” For example, your doctor will want to know if you are experiencing any chest pain, breathing difficulty, stomach pain, or blood in your urine or stool.
5) Your physician will check to make sure you’re up-to-date on vaccinations and ask whether you have completed recommended screenings for cancer (breast and colon for women; prostate and colon for men).
6) Your physician will complete a physical exam, checking such things as heart rhythm, lymph nodes, and carotid arteries.
7) Armed with information from your medical history form, chest x-ray, EKG, urinalysis, early blood-work results,* review of systems, and physical exam, your doctor will talk with you about any recommended lifestyle changes, prescriptions, or additional screenings.
*NOTE: Some of your blood-work results will come from the lab at a later date (unless you had blood-work drawn a week in advance of your exam). You will be notified when the results are complete.
To schedule your Wellness Exam, please call: (901) 767-5000 or email: [email protected]
Dr. Michael Pruett
Dr. Louis G. Talbert
Dr. George Chu
Dr. Jimmy Tran
Dr. Stephen Johnson
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
Click Here to Pay Your Bill Online
Appointment for illness:
Please call our office at 901-767-5000, we typically have a nurse practitioner available for same day appointments.
Appointment for annual wellness exam:
Typically your wellness exam will be scheduled 2-4 weeks from the day you call, however many people prefer to schedule their annual wellness exam a year in advance.
If you are new to our practice, or if your insurance has changed, we will update insurance information at the time you make your appointment to verify active coverage. Click here to download our New Patient Forms.